Sunday 19 April 2009

Knock out

We've had a busy weekend. Actually, the boys have been busy and K and I have done a lot of watching! After 3 hours of football practice in the afternoon, Saturday evening was karate grading for J, his first since arriving in Japan. W was asked to come along as they needed an extra body for sparring. J did well (although he didn't win in his sparring match, ego was severely bruised!), and he'll find out if he passed next week. W knocked his sparring partner to the floor within seconds of the round starting - yikes! Neither of them had done contact sparring before (apart from fighting each other!), and I'm pretty sure that it's not something I want them to pursue... but with all this armour on they are unlikely to get hurt:



The weather has been glorious, so as soon as this morning's service was over the 3 boys off to the beach (K wanted to go digging for razor fish).Apparently, as the tide is going out you sprinkle salt on the surface and out they pop. But apparel is very important, as evidenced by the buckets:



The bucket on the left-hand side is Baachan's, she a seasoned pro:



The bucket on the right is K, J and W's:



Well, the sun was shining, the sea was... there, and the boys are half British after all! K is, of course, expecting to find razor fish in his miso soup tomorrow morning. Um, only if he makes it himself...

7 comments:

  1. I always wondered what those strange shell fish were called. It looks like you had as warm a day as we did today. I'm just hoping the early heat isn't a sign of a very hot summer to follow.
    I love the karate photo. I would love my children to do karate, but just can't work out how to fit it in to the weekly schedule...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered what those strange shell fish were called. It looks like you had as warm a day as we did today. I'm just hoping the early heat isn't a sign of a very hot summer to follow.
    I love the karate photo. I would love my children to do karate, but just can't work out how to fit it in to the weekly schedule...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute ! He surely won t get hurt dressed like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah....is that what they are called! I had no idea! Don't you just love being so close to the Ocean? Come July the weather will be come HOT and STICKY... yikes. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a beach day? so jealous!

    How do you eat the razor fish? Do they fall out of the shells when you cook them? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww he looks so cute in his padded outfit! Like he's made out of marshmallow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Achan,what little blessings you have. Of course I would be honored to recieve clothes and toys thank you. You can email me at the address on my blog. What joy these little boys bring you I know!You are blessed beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete